Sunday 25 May 2008

Miley Cyrus Nude Scandal: Celebrity Lovers & Haters

The Miley Cyrus Vanity Fair ‘nude’ scandal quickly took on a life of its own as stars including Madonna, Justin Timberlake and Hilary Duff lined up to weigh in on the controversy.

Is the Hannah Montana starlet a bad role model for her young fans? Or was it all a big fuss over nothing?

This lot came out firmly on the side of Team Miley...



Jamie Lee Curtis

"She is a young girl. She shouldn't have to deal with any of this. I know the integrity of Ms. Leibovitz and the magazine and I know there were people present at the shoot that should have been looking out to make sure that this didn't happen."



Sally Field

"I love Miley Cyrus. My granddaughters are completely and utterly over the moon (with her). I watch Hannah Montana. I think, 'Let it go for God's sake'. It's a beautiful picture."



Rosie O’Donnell

“ I think the double standard is very hypocritical. We are a country  that sells sex to kids on a daily basis. Don’t blame the little girl. If you saw her on the beach, she’d be more nude than she was in that photo.”



Madonna

"It's all too much, make it stop. Leave her alone... She's going to be 16 soon and then 17 and then 18, and then she might show her knees - and then what's gonna happen?"



Justin Timberlake

"Of course they're going to pick (on) a wholesome, American, young female (for) the first sign of anything. Unfortunately, there's a picture of her that's published with her in just a blanket. And that's the photo, that's the catalyst. But that's also the age we live in. People want to take a photo, and that's who you are for a year's time. We've all become victims of that."



The Hills cast

Spencer Pratt - "I didn’t think it was that bad. Supposedly, she’s wearing a top underneath. It’s artistic.”



Heidi Montag -
"I think she’s a young girl in Hollywood, and she’s just having fun. [She]'s exploring herself.”



Lauren Conrad - “I thought she looked beautiful in the pictures. I didn’t find it that inappropriate. (Being in the spotlight) is difficult. It's a lot of pressure on her since she is a role model, but I think she’s doing a good job.”

However, this bunch were less impressive with her sultry new look...



Bill O’Reilly

"They (Miley and her father Billy Ray) go into Vanity Fair, which is not her audience at all. He puts her into a situation where she becomes, at 15, a sex symbol. Middle America, they don't like this. Miley is a nice girl (but she made) a bad decision."



Donny Osmond

"That child's not being protected. She's going to regret that years from now. I've lost a little faith in Miley Cyrus - too drastic for my liking. That's being foolish with your career.”



Hilary Duff

“Everyone goes through things and takes their own path. Who am I to judge decisions that she made? People are pushing you to do something, and if you want to do it, that's your choice, you know? It's not what I would choose to do, but if she did then that's fine. That's her choice. And she said she is sorry - she is allowed to be sorry."

Which celebrity has the best view? Whose side are you on? Be sure to leave your comments below.


See Also