Wednesday 6 August 2008

Chasing Mummies and ... Voters?


KEVIN COSTNER


Kevin Costner is Bud, a good ole son from Texico, New Mexico in "Swing Vote." He doesn't put much stock in the political process until suddenly his voter turnout will make up one's mind the presidential election. Costner hopes that the timely comedy will make us laugh and also make us think about the role we play when we go into that voting booth.
He told me,:


"You know when you do the mathematics, you think "I don't matter". But, that's when we're thought process selfishly. But when you start to think of yourself as a hale, as a part of the framework of America, that's when you realise your right to vote does matter. And when America moves together we do matter. Clearly, "Swing Vote" is not a public robert William Service announcement, but I think it mightiness be better than that -- you can ask yourself that fundamental doubt -- "Am I Bud? Or am I a participant?"





Now Kevin is hoping audiences will participate to make "Swing Vote" a hit. He mortgaged his house to help finance it.


BRENDAN FRASER


Brendan Fraser has gone from the center of the earth to taking on the undead again in "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor." This time Brendan faces a really bad mummy in China. And the soundbox count mounts as he tries to save the world. I found out that Brendan doesn't care if his own children are to a fault young to watch him on the big screen.
He says,:


"Hey, as a great deal time as you can spend with your kids is essential to what goes into the best part of parenting. And to be honest, I'd rather make them recital books and kicking soccer balls around than sledding to besides many movies or observance too much TV. They're very young at the moment, so they don't really understand what Dad does for a living. I'll record them a picture of me on a three-wheel motorcycle or something wish that. And they'll be like, "Cool. Anyway, where's Sponge Bob?"


That's what I'd call problematical competition. Anyway, Brendan testament be back in action next year playing an iconic doll. He's the star of "G.I. Joe."







More info